Paladin Dermatology is committed to your health and safety. Working together, we can slow the spread of Covid-19. For your health and safety, and in accordance with the regulations of Virginia, Paladin Dermatology requires that all entering the building wear a face mask to reduce the risk of transmission.
People with underlying health conditions, such as heart or lung disease, are at an increased risk for developing complications from Covid-19.
These conditions include type 2 diabetes, severe obesity, chronic kidney or liver disease, a weakened immune system, and serious heart conditions. High blood pressure and type 1 diabetes may increase your risk of serious COVID-19 symptoms. While people of every age can contract COVID-19, those most commonly affected are middle-aged and older adults. In the US, the largest risks for complications is in those who are aged 65 or older.
The symptoms for Covid-19 may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus and include:
- Fever or Chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or Body Aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore Throat
- Congestion or Runny Nose
- Nausea or Vomiting
Reduce the Spread
To Reduce Your Risk of Contracting Covid-19, make sure you do the following:
- Avoid large events and mass gatherings.
- Practice social distancing by avoiding close contact with others.
- Avoid anyone who is sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a face mask when in public spaces.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, light switches, electronics, and counters, daily.
- In addition to these precautions, use best practices to maintain your immune system and overall health—such as continuing to take whatever prescriptions have been prescribed to you, getting enough sleep, eating a balanced diet, and drinking enough water.